Kids folk costume
Serbian children's national costumes exude the charm of tradition, representing the wealth of cultural heritage through simple yet elegant details. Through their shape, pattern, and decorations, these costumes often tell stories about history, religion, and life values of our people.
Over the centuries, they have evolved under the influence of local conditions, climatic factors, social norms, and cultural influences. Besides representing cultural heritage, children's national costumes are often used in festive occasions, such as holidays, folklore events, or family celebrations.
CHILDREN'S SERBIAN NATIONAL COSTUMES FOR ALL AGES AT SERBIANSHOP
In the world of children's national costumes, each piece of clothing tells a story about the magnificence of culture. Little attires become windows to the past, reviving the heritage and wealth of their community through every stitch and ornament.
- Šumadija national costumes for babies from 0 to two years include a white shirt decorated with hand embroidery, a vest with traditional patterns, and cotton trousers or skirts with discreet decorations. Leather opančići (traditional shoes) with embroidery complete the look, reflecting authenticity.
- National costumes for children aged 2 to 8 years usually include colorful skirts or trousers, as well as white shirts and vests of various patterns. This complex ensemble is often complemented by wearing socks and opanci, representing a faithful interpretation of traditional elements through the prism of children's joy and play.
- National costumes for children aged 8 to 14 years include elegant skirts or trousers with embroidery, paired with a blouse and vest decorated with rich details. This attire often includes socks and opanci, reflecting style through a refined design adapted to the age.
The entire set can be custom-made at Serbian shop tailored to your little one's measurements.
SALES OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY CHILDREN'S SERBIAN NATIONAL COSTUMES FOR BOYS AND GIRLS
Children's costumes are not just clothing pieces, but magical portals that take us through time and space, reviving tradition and customs. We follow the steps of children dancing the kolo (traditional dance) of the past, carrying the heritage of their community on their shoulders in every cheerful stitch and sparkling ornament.
Visit SerbianShop, a specialized store where you can buy children's national costumes and traditional clothing.
SETS OF CHILDREN'S NATIONAL COSTUMES
Serbian national costumes for children are often colorful, rich in details, and reflect various customs across Serbia. Here's what a complete set of Serbian national costumes for boys and girls usually contains:
- Shirt: The shirt is usually white and may have wide sleeves. Decorative hand-made embroidery often adorns the edges of the sleeves and the neck area.
- Vest or Jelek: The vest is a part of the children's costume that is usually richly decorated with embroidery, tassels, and other ornaments.
- Skirt or Trousers: Girls usually wear skirts, which can be wide and often decorated with embroidery, tassels, or appliques. Boys wear trousers that are narrowed at the bottom and also decorated with details.
- Belt: The belt is used as a decorative element and can be in a contrasting color or decorated with traditional embroidery.
- Socks: The socks are usually cotton and can be white or in a color that matches the rest of the costume, and can be knitted and embroidered.
- Opanci: Children's opanci are classic Serbian footwear made of leather and are an essential part of the national costume.
- Šubara, šajkača, or cap: Boys can wear traditional šubara or šajkača, while girls can have decorated caps or scarves. Children's šajkača is a traditional Serbian cap often worn as part of the national costume, especially in Vojvodina.
Šik šajkačas for children
Modern šajkačas for children represent a modern interpretation of the traditional Serbian cap. With lightweight materials, colorful patterns, and modern design, these šajkačas are a charming and comfortable fashion accessory, often useful for special occasions or cultural events.
Embellished with additional decorations, ribbons, and colors, chic šajkačas contribute to the cheerful and stylish appearance of the youngest wearers.
White children's apron
Children's national costume may include a white apron that is part of the traditional folk outfit.
The white children's apron is a simple and spacious apron made of cotton or linen. This apron can be decorated with hand embroidery, appliques, or other traditional ornaments, adding authenticity to the costume.
Worn over trousers or skirts, this apron forms part of the rural or ethnic costume, transmitting cultural heritage through a simple and functional design.
National costume - children's trousers
In traditional national costumes, trousers for children are an important part of the set, adapted to the age and styled in accordance with local customs.
Children's national trousers are usually made of materials such as cotton, linen, or wool, depending on the region and climate. The design can vary, but often includes wide or narrow legs, with details such as embroidery, tassels, or appliques in line with traditional ornaments. Trousers are worn in combination with a shirt, vest, or other elements of the national costume, creating a complete and authentic picture of folklore.
CHILDREN'S NATIONAL COSTUME – SALES
If you want to get a set or parts of Šumadija national costume for your child, check out the current offer available in the online store SerbianShop.
Product prices may change depending on seasonal promotions, material availability, and other factors.
On the website or through direct contact with the store, you can get the most accurate and up-to-date information about prices and product availability.
PRICE LIST OF CHILDREN'S NATIONAL COSTUMES
You can view the prices of children's national costumes on the SerbianShop website, and here we present the prices of individual sets of children's national costumes by age:
National costume set for babies 0-2 years – from 29990 RSD
National costume for girls aged 2 to 8 years – from 38990 RSD
National costume for girls aged 8 to 14 years – from 36490 RSD
National costume for boys aged 2 to 8 years – from 38990 RSD
Children's national costume is a precious part of cultural identity that is passed down from generation to generation, often carrying with it stories, values, and customs that make up the uniqueness of our cultural wealth. Visit SerbianShop and discover the richness of our assortment.
Apply for newsletter
Sign up for the Serbianshop newsletter and get a 10% discount.